An anti-terrorism court docket docket in Karachi has been sentenced to demise two MQM staff, Rehman Bhola and Zubair alias Charya, for setting fire to a garments manufacturing facility in Baldia Town in 2012 which claimed the lives of 259 of us.
The court docket docket acquitted Rauf Siddiqui, then-provincial minister for commerce and industries.
The court docket docket had reserved its verdict on September 2 as a result of the prosecution rested its case after recording supplies proof along with forensic, ballistic, and chemical analysis research and testimonies of 400 witnesses in opposition to the accused.
- Rehman Bhola and Zubair alias Charya awarded the demise penalty.
- Rauf Siddiqui was acquitted due to a shortage of proof.
- Umar Hassan Qadri, Dr. Abdul Sattar, Iqbal Adeeb Khanum acquitted.
- According to the choice, Hamad Siddiqui and Ali Hassan Qadri are absconders.
- Fazal Ahmed, Arshad Mehmood, Ali Mohammad, and manufacturing facility supervisor Shah Rukh had been sentenced to life imprisonment for the facilitation of the incident.
A fireplace broke out in a denim manufacturing facility near Hub River Road throughout the Baldia area of Karachi on September 11, 2012, killing 260 staff and injuring about 50 others.
The JIT report, made in June 2015, two and a half years after the incident, acquired right here to mild 5 years later.
The report was helpful that the FIR was filed based on” dishonesty” because of inside and exterior pressure which turned the act of “terrorism” into a typical fire incident. Therefore, the FIR filed earlier should be returned and a model new FIR should be registered.
It was actually helpful to include the names of Rehman Bhola, Hamad Siddiqui, Zubair Charia, four unidentified accomplices, Umar Hassan Qadri, Dr. Abdul Sattar, Ali Hassan Qadri, and Iqbal Adib Khanum throughout the new FIR.